Year One of the “Middle Years Ministry” has been an amazing time of writing, connecting, speaking and interacting with some of the coolest people in youth ministry, but specially in the 5th-9th grade side of youth ministry!
It also has been an opportunity to invite others into the conversation, to add their voice to the focus and faith of middle years ministry.
Here are some of the amazing guest writers that have written words of wisdom and inspiration for us here. If you want to find out more about each of these writers and others that we will be adding this coming year, check out our NEW “Guest Writer” tab at the top:
- Kevin Libick is a student pastor with over 15 years of ministry experience, currently, he is the Student Ministry Pastor at Christ Chapel Bible Church in Fort Worth, TX.
- Scott Pittman is a Middle School Pastor veteran with over 20 years of experience. He is currently serving as the Middle School Pastor at Shadow Mountain Community Church in San Diego County.
- Kellen Roggenbuck has been working in youth ministry for over a decade, serving several churches in 3 denominations over 2 states. Kellen currently serves the congregation of Immanuel UMC in Jefferson, WI.
- Mike Sheley is the Middle School Pastor at Mount Pleasant Christian Church in Greenwood, Indiana, where he has been working with 5th-8th graders since 2007.
- Caroline Smallwood is the Middle School Girls’ Director at Christ Chapel Bible Church in Fort Worth, Texas.
- Matt Sprinkle is serves as Middle School Minister at Alice Drive Baptist Church in Sumter, SC.
- Mel Walker has been actively involved in youth ministry for more than 40 years. He is the co-founder and president of Vision For Youth. A former youth pastor, youth editor and college professor,
- Jeff Beckley serves as the Youth & Family Pastor in Columbus, Ohio. Jeff has been serving in youth ministry for over a decade. . He recently released his first book, a teen and young adult devotional called Bottom Line Devotional. The website for the book is www.bottomlinedevotional.com.
- Doug Clark is the National Field Director for NNYM and is passionate about working together. His favorite students are middle schoolers.
- William Cumby is the youth pastor for The Fountain of Praise in Houston, TX.
- Chris Hargrove is Middle School Pastor at Lakewood Baptist Church in Gainesville, Ga. He loves working with middle schoolers and is passionate about seeing them take their next step towards Jesus.
- Todd Jones has been in youth ministry for over a decade and has a passion for reaching lost students and training youth workers to do the same. He is the founder of Stoked On Youth Ministry, a speaker, author, and pastor.
- Melissa Istvanik, has been married to her husband, Dan for 16 years. They have served in youth ministry together for 18 years around the country. She is currently serving beside her husband in the 5th-8th grade student ministry that they lead by co-teaching, counseling students and moms, leading a small group, and additionally worked in our heart and called her to help and mentor other youth pastors' wives through her leadership with Leading and Loving It and as a ministry council for National Network of Youth Ministry.
- Jonathan McKee is the author of over 20 books including the brand new, The Teens Guide to Social Media & Mobile Devices: Wise Posting in an Insecure World. Jonathan speaks to parents and leaders across the country about today’s teens, and addresses the “smartphone generation” directly in school assemblies and events worldwide.
- Matt Maiberger has been involved in equipping teams in leadership, team-building, and communication for over twenty years in the non-profit and education sector. Matt is a best-selling author and the founder of a coaching and consulting ministry, Youth Speaker’s Coach. He serves as Executive Pastor at Life Church of Fort Collins.
- Craig Maart is a husband of 22 years, father of 2 (college freshman and high school sophomore) and is the middle school pastor at Hershey Free Church. He has been in student ministry for 24 years serving in churches in Florida, Minnesota and Pennsylvania.
- Frank Newburn is a husband, father of 3, and youth director for Wesley United Methodist Church in Bloomington, IL. His ministry focuses include mentoring and discipleship, student leadership, and missions and has over 28 years of youth ministry experience
- Jonny Radcliff the Student Ministry Director at Storehouse Church, the Delaware Valley Area Coordinator at National Network of Youth Ministries, and a co-host of the J3 Youth Ministry Podcast.
- Scott Talley founded TheUnwrittenPages.com in the summer of 2017. He currently serves as an Associate Pastor of Students at Ebenezer Baptist Church, in Durham, NC.