People ask me all the time, if I have read any good books lately or what I am I reading.
I physically sit down a read, but I also have books that I listen to, as I drive places.
I try to change it up so some are youth ministry, leaders, or even a classic.
The one kind of book that continues to be hard to find is a lot of middle years specific books. Here are few ministry, parenting and education books that I have found helpful as I work with students in the “middle years”
10. Middle School Ministry- Oestriecher & Rubin
9. A Faith of Their Own: Understanding the Common Cry of Preteens- Folmsbee
8. Inter-Generational Youth Ministry- Walker
7. 99 Thoughts for Junior High Ministry- Johnston
6. How to Hug A Porcupine- Ross and Word
5. Controlled Chaos- Johnston
4. Middle School the Inside Story - Tobias & Acuña
3. Fires in the Middle School Bathroom Advice for Teachers from Middle Schoolers- Cushman & Rogers
2. Not Much, Just Chillin- Perlstein
1. Jr. High Youth Ministry- Rice. (*the original, the classic,...)