I LOVE MY CHURCH, THEY ARE SO INCREDIBLY GRACIOUS AND KIND TO ME AND MY FAMILY, ALL YEAR AROUND BUT ESPECIALLY DURING OCTOBER!
I AM HOWEVER CONTINUED TO BE AMAZING...AND SOMETIMES AMUSED (sorry for your pain) BY SOME OF THE STORIES I HEAR FROM OTHER PASTORS DURING ‘PASTOR APPRECIATION MONTH’ EACH YEAR. SO JUST FOR SOME RAN-DUMB FUN, SO WE CAN ALL LAUGH, HERE IS "TOP 10: PASTOR APPRECIATION MONTH...FAILS?”
10. Unfreeze last year's leftover Christmas Cookies For a Lovely Cookie Tray in OCTOBER!? (*real person story from my past growing up in a pastor’s home)
9. Buy Him a Book, That YOU Think He Should Read (yes, I know that "Left Behind” took place in 2018, Kurt Cameron also turns 50 next year, and there will be a Blood Moon on His Birthday! )
8. Make a Mix CD of the Speakers and Pastors From Other Churches, That He REALLY Should Hear!
7. Handmade Doilies for His Office. (the cool hand knitted pulpit cover was great last year!)
6. A Personalize Coffee Mug of His Favorite Church Family-YOURS!
5. A Gift Card to a Gym (looking a little tubby, upfront aren't we...)
4. A NEW CAR...phone! (since he can't afford a real cellphone, but at least you can call him when he is driving on family vacation?)
3. A Tie. (no not the one for around his neck, a zip tie for his pants...seriously gym gift card last year *hint*)
2. Date Night...with you are your spouse! (nothing says romance like having a double date with you!)
1. A Year Subscription to the Sock of the Month Club!?