Yes, they just keep on coming! Here is yet another "REAL Top 10 Lists". This time around is absolutely, honest to goodness REAL reasons I have heard from people why they are interested in volunteering and leading in one of my 5th-9th grade ministries over the years.
Believe it our not...
10. I have to be with my child. Even though they are in 8th grade, they still cry when I leave them.
9. I am afraid my daughter will get pregnant. I need to be there so boys won't talk to her.
8. I don't trust you as a youth pastor.
7. This was the age when I started doing (____________), so I want to talk to kids all about that?
6. Middle school was a bad experience for me, my therapist said this could be an opportunity for a "do over"?
5. My spouse is making me.
4. So my wife won't force me to get a job and work evenings.
3. I am not cool enough to work with in the 9th-12th grade ministry.
2. My girlfriend is in the group?
1. I didn't get your job, so I am here for when you fail.