The Middle Years Ministry
Monday, December 3, 2018
Top 10: "Ways to Survive a Lock-In/Overnight Event!”
I recently do an overnight event with my students, that was hosted by the local church.
I have not done a lock-in/overnight event like this with middle years students in close to 10 years.
It was a great night and it was more than a normal lock-in with concerts, activities across 3 locations including the east coast largest indoor sport complex and America’s largest smorgasbord!
I did remember a few things, that I figured I would share with you... Enjoy and I hope it saves you much pain and suffering!?
10. Have a 6 to 1 Ratio of Students to Leaders.
9. Keep Moving, Get Out of the Building, If You Can.
8. Do Not Sleep.
7. Do Not Sit Down.
6. Have a Schedule, Stick to the Schedule.
5. Do Not Over-Caffeinate or Over Sugar.
4. Eat a Healthy, Balanced Meal Before The Night Begins.
3. Keep the Lights On and Bright.
2. Get a Good Nights Rest the Night Before.
1. Remember it a Marathon, Not a Sprint (*Like Everything Else in Ministry)