It is always interesting to hear people’s perspective on what we dedicate our life to in youth ministry.
Even talking to other paid youth pastor (workers/leaders), I hear similar things over and over again.
Here are at hands down the Top 10 REAL Things People Say to the Youth Pastor...
10. So, what do you really do for a living?
9. What do you do the rest of the week, since you only work on Sundays?
8. It must be nice to sit in your office, pray and read your Bible all day.
7. God bless you for working with teens, I don't know how you do it.
6. So, you really don't want to be a Sr. Pastor??
5. How old are you?? (that one can go 2 ways)
4. Did you enjoy your vacation last week at camp/mission trip/retreat....?
3. Do you really believe all that stuff you are teaching my kids?
2. When I was in youth group....
1. You actually went to college to do that?