A FUN GROUP GLOW-IN-THE-DARK GROUP GAME, ICEBREAKER ACTIVITY, OR TEAM BUILDER FOR GROUPS OF ANY SIZE!
- A bracelet size glow stick for every player.
- Optional: microphone/PA
- No set up needed, other than taking the glow sticks out of the packages.
Quick Explanation: Teams using only their glow sticks will quickly make an assigned glow in the dark shape.
- Divide your group up into at least 2 teams, for bigger groups divide up into more
- Give everyone a glow stick.
- Give the "Quick Explanation".
- Dim or turn off the lights.
- Start off with a practice shape- "a circle"
- Continue the game announcing various shapes and assignments (*Ideas/Samples Below)
- Teams will get a point for being the first team to complete the shape/assignment.
- Every team member and glow stick must participate in each shape.
- Glow sticks must be held. They are not being laid on the ground.
- Shape must be visible to judge/leader.
- Longer "necklace" size glow sticks may also be used
- Using the provided connectors may also be an option
- For more "Advanced" play consider making the shapes/assignments do a motions (*see below)
** Game can be played with 2 large groups. I have played this at camp with 4 teams of 50+ players per team in a large darkened game, with judges standing on an elevate stage to see large shapes.
- Shapes: square, star, trapezoid, hexagon...
- Objects: car, umbrella, boat, banana, heart...
- Letters/Words: Letter of the alphabet, words like "dog", "cat",.. names: youth pastor, ministry name, church...
- ADVANCE: horse, galloping, face, with mouth talking, ocean waves...
Originally Featured In: