The Middle Years Ministry
Monday, April 24, 2017
Top 10: Things to Consider As You START Doing Generation Z Ministry (*and STOP doing Millennial Ministry)
THERE IS A SHIFT THAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN, ALMOST IMMEDIATELY. WE NEED TO STOP TALKING ABOUT, OBSESSING ABOUT AND SHAPING OUR YOUTH MINISTRIES AROUND MILLENNIALS.
ESPECIALLY THOSE OF US WORKING WITH STUDENTS IN THE "MIDDLE YEARS".
WE NEED TO START DOING MINISTRY FOR
10. Generation Z Students are More Realistic and Understand that Opportunities are Not as Endless. (https://www.visioncritical.com/gen-z-versus-millennials-infographics/)
9. Generation Z While Continuing to Use Technology Desires "Face to Face" Interactions
8. Generation Z is Even More Global, With More Access to Their World Than Any Other Generation. (http://www.voxburner.com/blog-source/2017/2/1/understanding-the-world-of-gen-z-from-a-global-perspective)
7. Generation Z Have Less Helicopter Parents. (http://generationz.com.au/parents/)
6. Generation Z Will Have Less Formal Continuing Education, Instead Will Seek Life Experience, Internships, and Apprenticeship. (http://hrnews.co.uk/apprenticeships-better-university-generation-z/)
5. Generation Z Are Multi-Taskers with More Abilities to Accomplish More in Less Time. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/george-beall/8-key-differences-between_b_12814200.html)
4. Generation Z Is More Individualistic and Less Like to Be Stuck on Titles, Labels and Even Brands. (https://www.luxurydaily.com/gen-z-lacks-brand-loyalty-seeks-social-media-engagement-open-to-loyalty-programs-report/ )
3. Generation Z Seem Less Focused but Are Faster Thinkers. (http://www.thedrum.com/opinion/2016/05/17/generation-generation-generation-z)
2. Generation Z Need to Be Communicated to Differently with Snappy and Snack-size Information.( http://www.ideasindigital.com/step-aside-millennials-gen-z-has-arrived/ )
1. Generation Z, Will Be Even Less Churched and Traditionally Religious Than Millennials (http://www.dnaindia.com/lifestyle/report-gen-z-is-less-religious-more-spiritual-2275050)