10. Freedom to Worship, Sing and Celebrate!- No where else but at camp can you sing as loud and as wild as you want with all your heart...with Hand Motions!! (* come on Tomlin, Crowder, Hillsong--help us bring back worship hand motions? :-) )
9. Being Out in God's Creation!- You want to get close to God the creator, go hang out in what he has created for awhile?
8. Interacting with New People and Making New Friends!- Only at camp can you really interact, bond and make real friendships with people from other churches and places that will last a lifetime.
7. History, Tradition and Legend.- Conferences and Mission Trips have just not made it there yet. When you go to camp you are walking on "holy ground" of generations of people before you who gave thier lives to change the church and the world because of time they spent at that place.
6. Random Silliness and Campy Humor! We all need some good clean fun sometimes. Christianity and church has all got a bit to somber, serious, and stuffy. We were created with a sense of humor and the ability to laugh...Skit Night! Flag Pole Songs!! Singing for Seconds at Dinner Time!! Stupid Human Tricks for a Letter from Home!! Where else do you do that???
5. Camp Snack Shack/Bar/Stand/Shop.... Think of it as a Crash Course in stewardship and money management! A tasty....tasty lesson in life skills!
4. Growing Up Time Away from Mom & Dad. A week away from home and from parents for the first time! Besides a couple sleepovers at grandmas house, it is the first REAL time away and on your own! Sorry it is "helicopter-free" fly-over air space moms and dads!
3. Eight to Ten Chapel Times inside of 5 days! For young people who between vacations, summer sports, summer activies, and just outright being part of families who just take the summer off from church and God...Call it Make Up!!?
2. Morning Quiet Times By The Lake/Pond/Creek/Other Body of Water! John 4:14?? Something spiritual and significant??
1. End of the Week Camp Fire! You can argue it and debate the emotion of the moment but how many of us are in ministry because of the end of end week camp fire moments!!?