A Quick 60 Second Hint and Help for the Summer Time 'Interviewing Season'!
Interview Your Senior Pastor Back Before Taking a Position.
Prepare a set of questions of your own to ask the senior pastor of the church you are interviewing at. The process can sometimes become way too one sided. Make sure you know as much about the Senior leader, as they know about you before you accept a job.
Especially in larger churches where the process in going through a human resource person, executive pastor, or youth committee request time to talk to the Senior pastor whether in person or on the phone farther along in the process.
- What is your leadership style?
- What is your vision for the church in the next 5 years?
- What do you think this church's great strength is? weakness?
- What will be our relationship?
- Tell me about your ministry calling?
- What is one thing you would like to see happen in the youth ministry?
- Do you have an "open door" policy?
- How long do you plan on being here?